Volunteer With Us
- Connect with your community.
- Meet new people.
- Stress free volunteering.
- All activities are co-ordinated by a team certified in volunteer management.
- Support the social fabric and economy of The county.
- Utilize and share your experience and skills.
- Explore your own strengths.
- Make new Friends and socialize.
- Volunteers live longer.
- Become healthier and more alert.
- Do Something new and different.
- Have fun!
Watch our videos below to see volunteers in action.
Where do I start?
Find a volunteer position that is right for you.
- How much time am I able to commit?
- A long-term position or short-term position?
- What are the skills, interested and experience that I can share?
- What experience am I looking to gain?
What can I do as a volunteer?
Deliver hot or frozen meals to senior's homes.
- Serve and set up at luncheons in many areas of Prince Edward County.
- Drive seniors to appointments or shopping.
- Reception at Foot Care Clinics in Wellington or Picton.
- Make daily calls to seniors for telephone reassurance.
- Visit shut-ins and lonely seniors.
- Help with the walking program in Picton or Wellington.
- Prepare Income Tax returns for seniors.
- Work in the Community Care office doing reception, telephoning, or computer work.
- Work in the Thrift Shop on cash, donation pick up, window dressing, recycling and garbage disposal, sorting, cleaning and pricing items.
- Help with fundraising events and programs.
- Let us know you wish to volunteer by phone, by email, in person or online.
- Complete an application.
- Attend an information session and learn more about Community care and our volunteers opportunities.
- Have an interview to determine the right placement for you.
- Get a start date, training date and other relevant information.
Start the conversation with us:
Location: 74 A King Street
Picton, ON K0K 2T0